What One Person Can Do for cleaner air and a healthier planet?
- Investing in wind energy and solar energy, as well as other renewable energy, to minimize burning of fossil fuels, which cause heavy air pollution.
- Encourage your family to use alternate transportation such as trains or bikes.
- Use energy (water, kettle, fire woods) wisely.
- Recycle and re-use. This will minimize the dependence on producing new things. Remember manufacturing industries create a lot of pollution, so if we can re-use things like shopping plastic bags, clothing, paper and bottles, it can help.
- Use less toxic products, such as household cleaning supplies, painting, washing clothes, or dealing with pets or weeds.
- Shop local to reduce energy use and pollution fromtransportation of products.
- Speak Out for Clean Air. Tell your family, friends and co-workers about the importance of clean air.